« Previous Post | Current Articles | Next Post »

International Private Jet Flights with Minors

November 15, 2012  |  Travel Booking and Tips

As the holidays approach, many of you will be travelling with kids. If your family travel plans include international flight on an XOJET private jet, there’s one document that could spell the difference between a blissful vacation and a grounded flight–but it’s not a passport (although you and your kids will certainly need that).

family boarding cropped resized 600

“If a minor child is traveling with just one parent or guardian, that adult will need to provide an up-to-date notarized parental consent form from the ‘absent’ parent authorizing the child to leave the country,” says Renee Aivaliklis, XOJET’s Senior Director of Customer Service. “That applies to any passenger who hasn’t yet turned 18, and is in addition to required passports or visas.”

And if you’re travelling with kids who aren’t yours–say you invite your child’s friend to join you and your family in the Bahamas for Thanksgiving–that consent form will need to be signed by both of your guest’s parents.

This isn’t just XOJET policy: Many countries encourage or even require such documentation.

Have questions? Please consult your XOJET private aviation advisor.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

« Previous Post | Current Articles | Next Post »

Leave a Reply